Saturday, 4 August 2012

My Signature Style

One of my foremost places of inspiration - the CASE Study is turning 2 years this month - yay you guys!

Their challenge is make a card in your signature style. I thought for a while what it actually was and went back to the first months I starting my cardmaking. I was on a pretty tight budget so had to buy only essential things first and those turned out to be plain cardstock, stamps and inks. I realised I am not the hugest fan of design papers. I loved creating my own backgrounds. So this is what my signature style is, the clearest I can put it:
I love distressing, inking, stamping. I love embossing. I love clean simple cards with not too many details. I love scallops... and all shades of brown cardstock. And just a tiny bit of bling :)

Cards as made my applying distress inks on the cardstock, stamping the flowers with Versamark, and fiercely cutting the sentiment from it's frame (part of MME stamp set).


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Making your own design is so much fun! It's old school and cool and I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us during our CASE Study anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for explaining so well what your style is! I love finding out that our challenge gives people an opportunity to discover themselves more :) It's such a lovely card! Many thanks for joining us at CASE Study! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! Love the vintage touches!
    Thanks for sharing your signature style with us at CASE Study! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I really like the card that you've got featured on your blog right now. It's exactly your signature style...clean, crisp and distressed. I also love making my own backgrounds...so much more variety that way ... and you get EXACTLY what you want; sometimes even BETTER through how the art products you use decide to react with each other. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my mixed media journal. It really makes me happy to know that I've inspired you enough to want to come home from work tonight and go back to my blog. :) So, thank you for making my day! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Мира, страхотна картичка! :-) Много ми харесват и малките цветчета, които си сложила :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I like how you made your background - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete